What to Do When You Stay at Camp Aramoni
Camp Aramoni is the first and only luxury campground in Illinois. Once you arrive, you can expect both luxury camping and 5-star camp activities to craft your idyllic stay. Camping in luxury comes with a lot of perks. Local wildlife sightings? Check. Private hiking trails and complimentary bicycles? Yep. Delicious chef-crafted meals and unique cocktails? We have that too.
Your Luxury Camping Experience
Imagine waking up in the morning in your soft bed then taking a hot shower in your safari-style tent. Step outside to soak in the sun on your private deck then wander down to The Barn for your chef-driven breakfast paired with a latte at The Burlington, our converted 1971 Airstream Ambassador. Feeling adventurous? Go on a hike or take out the canoe. Later, our concierge can make arrangements for an on-site culinary experience. After a day spent in the beauty of nature, grab a cocktail at the Burlington and wrap up your evening at your private campfire. We’ll light the fire and provide a gourmet s’mores kit so you can create some chocolatey goodness as you soak in the stars.
Complimentary On Site Activities
Sound perfect? There’s more! If you love the outdoors, there are endless ways to explore and have fun right here at your luxury campsite. Some of our complimentary on-site activities include:
- Hiking – Camp Aramoni’s private hiking trails have options for all skill levels with views of the Vermilion River.
- Biking – Pick up one of our camp bicycles at The Barn and ask about the best hidden spots to explore.
- Enjoy a Hammock – Grab one of our oh-so-comfy hammocks and relax in the woods with a good book.
- Lawn Games – Jenga, jumbo-sized connect four, cornhole, horseshoes, volleyball and water splash balls are available for check out at The Barn.
- Indoor Games – Bingo, scrabble, yahtzee, backgammon, Uno and Monopoly make for perfect rainy day activities.
- Watch for Wildlife – You’ll see turkeys, deer, turtles and more. Bird watchers LOVE our property!
- Canoeing – Check out the key to our canoe at the front desk and float in the pond all afternoon.
- Fishing – You can fish in the Vermilion River or our pond that is stocked with fish. Just be sure to bring your gear as we don’t have fishing equipment on site.
Guests can navigate our entire property on foot. However, a complimentary golf cart shuttle is available upon request.
Exclusive Luxury Camping Culinary Experiences
If you’re going luxury camping, why not go all-in on the luxury part? These premium culinary experiences are an unforgettable chance to dine in nature. If you would like to add any of these experiences to your reservation, please email our Concierge at [email protected] or call (815) 224-7333.
Enjoy a Picnic in Nature
This isn’t your childhood picnic in the park. Our guest services team will serve a luxurious picnic for you fully set with blankets, pillows and a vase of wildflowers from our meadows. Just name the time and place you want your picnic basket delivered.
- Picnic at the Blue Heron – $125 for 2 People
Going on a hike? Call ahead and we’ll prepare a picnic for you when you arrive at Blue Heron Creek. If you’re lucky, you might even see the blue heron that lives there. Includes (1) bottle of Charles Heidsieck Champagne, (1) meat and cheese board with accoutrements, (1) smoked turkey and gouda sandwich, (1) smoked hummus dip with veggies and assorted mini cookies.
- Picnic at Ristokrat Pond – $95 for 2 People
At Ristokrat Pond, you’ll find the perfect setting for your picnic. Grab the canoe and float in the sun with some wine and snacks. (Key to the canoe must be checked out at the front desk.) Includes (1) bottle of Crazy Creatures Grüner Veltliner, (1) crispy kale cheese spread with pretzel toast, (1) cheese and seasonal veggies tray, (1) Jenny B’s summer salad, (1) smoked turkey and gouda sandwich and (1) grilled vegetable wrap with smoked hummus.
- Cheese and Bubbles on the River – $60 for 2 People
Bubbles and cheese – the perfect pairing. We’ll prepare a special spot for you on the river for your scenic toast. Includes (1) bottle of Illinois Sparkling Co. Brut and (1) cheese and fruit tray.
Try an En Suite Tasting
Camp Aramoni’s en-suite culinary experiences are perfect for enjoying around your tent’s personal campfire. Please email our Concierge at [email protected] if you would like to add any of these experiences to your reservation.
- Chicago Dogs by the Fire – $36 for 2 People
Roast your own dogs for a true Chicago experience in the middle of nature. No ketchup allowed! Includes (4) hot dogs and steamed buns, all the fixins for a Chicago Dog, and (4) skewers to roast over your personal campfire.
- Whiskey and Chocolate Flight – $65 per Person
Whiskey and chocolate. A match made in heaven. Includes three select whiskeys each paired with a unique chocolate truffle by Cocoa Blue Chocolates. Includes a french caramel dark chocolate truffle paired with Ardbeg 10 Year Scotch, a white chocolate vanilla bean truffle paired with Jefferson’s Very Small Batch and a milk chocolate mint truffle paired with Whiskey Acres Straight Rye.
Venture Off Site and Visit a State Park
Camp Aramoni is just a few miles away from the most popular state park in Illinois, Starved Rock State Park, as well as Matthiessen State Park and Buffalo Rock State Park. Ancient glaciers helped form these state parks’ canyons, rushing waterfalls and hiking trails with options for hikers of all skill levels. Starved Rock State Park features 18 total canyons to explore, and you’ll definitely want to visit Wildcat Canyon and Eagle Cliff Overlook while you’re there.
Due to popularity, the state park parking lots fill up quickly. Luckily, we provide a complimentary shuttle to and from Starved Rock State Park every day. Just visit our Concierge at The Barn or email [email protected] to get on the list for drop off and pick up. The shuttle can seat up to 14 passengers and is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Camp Aramoni’s shuttle leaves from The Barn at 8 AM every day and drops passengers off at Starved Rock State Park’s Visitors Center. Our shuttle then returns to the Visitors Center at 12:15 PM for pick up. Guests can expect to return to Camp Aramoni by 12:30 PM.
Go Antiquing in Neighboring Towns
Starved Rock Country is home to many unique small businesses. Here are some of our favorite local antique stores to immerse yourself in small town life as you hunt for treasure.
- Canal Street Market – Handmade, homegrown, homemade and vintage goods sold by local artisans in the historic downtown Utica. Held every Sunday from 10 AM to 4 PM from May 30th until September 26th.
- Clarks Run Creek – Rusty, old, recycled, weathered, refinished, shabby, vintage, antique, chippy, trendy, or just plain cool. Enjoy the hunt and have a glass of wine while you shop. Open 10 AM to 5 PM Wednesday through Saturday and 11 AM to 4 PM on Sundays. Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Canal Cargo Market – 6,500 sq. ft. of vintage furniture and decor situated in a historic building in downtown LaSalle. Open 12 PM – 5 PM Wednesday through Sunday. Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Vintage Antiques and More – Located in Oglesby, this quaint shop features a wide selection of antiques, vintage items, home decor items, furniture, paintings, antique toys, garden gifts and much more. Open 9 AM to 5 PM every day.
- 229 Estates – Specializing in rarities, uniques and one-of-a-kinds, this store is located in Ottawa and features military antiques, collectibles, antique furniture, sports and trading cards, antique coins and currency, vintage items, antique books and more. Open 10 AM to 5 PM every day.
Try A Local Winery, Distillery or Brewery
- August Hill Winery is a quaint winery and tasting room located in scenic Utica. Relax with a glass of wine on their patio and take in the live music. They also have regular events throughout the summer to enjoy.
- Star Union Spirits Distillery, located in nearby Peru, is the first licensed distillery in Peru for over 100 years. Give their New American Brandy a try in the onsite tasting room or take a distillery tour to learn more about the craft of distillation. Be sure to take in the sites of their building as well. Formerly known as Westclox, the building was once home to a clock making factory. And if the craft cocktail alone wasn’t enough of a draw, the distillery shares a complex with the one-of-a-kind Westclox Museum, a fascinating trip back in time where guests can admire antique clocks while learning about the factory’s storied industrial past.
- Tangled Roots Brewing Company is a brew pub and tap room located in Ottawa. Serving up craft beer brewed from local hops and barley grown by local farmers, their farm to foam creations are a must-try for any beer enthusiast.
Ready to Book your Stay?
We are now accepting reservations for two-night stays through October 31, 2021. Guests can make reservations on our website or by calling (815) 224-7333. (Photo credits: Leigh Loftus Photography, Bushtec Safari, Ashley Susan Photography, Matthew Klein Films.)