Why You Should Try Luxury Camping in 2021
Camping is a quintessential American hobby. Do you love camping but hate setting up tents, sleeping on the ground or worrying about being too hot? Luxury camping is the perfect solution!
Camp Aramoni is the first luxury campground in Illinois. We have stunning terrain, lux safari tents and an exclusive resort feel. With 2020 in our rearview, now is a great time for some well-earned relaxation in a safe, outdoor setting.
The pandemic has taken a toll on all of us, and many are ready to reconnect in meaningful ways. Our 96-acre luxury campsite is an oasis for couples, families, colleagues and friends. The best part? Our tents are spaced out for privacy and allow for social distancing meaning no crowded hotels, recycled air or close quarters. We have implemented a strict cleaning schedule and offer plenty of options for outdoor dining.
So, What Is Luxury Camping?
Luxury camping is the extra sophisticated grown-up sister of “glamping.” When you go glamping, you might get an open tent, a simple mattress and a shared bathroom down the road. Luxury camping combines the best of outdoor camping experiences with upscale hotel amenities and an exceptional on-site food and beverage program.
What to Expect at Camp Aramoni
Camp Aramoni is situated on 96-acres of gorgeous meadows and woodlands. You’ll find all of the comforts of home combined with the charm of camping and an incredible meal program. You’ll also find all kinds of activities, private hiking trails and 5-star service from our Concierge and guest services team. A two-night stay at Camp Aramoni is sure to make for an unforgettable experience you’ll want to repeat!
Camp Aramoni sits on the Vermillion River, originally called the Aramoni to describe the red clay the Miami-Illinois Native Americans used to decorate their bodies. Our 96 acres are situated on the land surrounding a former 19th-century brickyard. For over three years, we have worked to restore and preserve the historic buildings and the land’s natural beauty. The private event venue, Bricks & Stones, was initially constructed in 1870 and now is host to picturesque weddings, corporate retreats and large outdoor gatherings. Luckily, the event venue is located at a separate entrance so you’ll never be bothered by an event while you stay with us. However, don’t forget to stop by our Pizza & Burger nights every Wednesday from 5 to 9 PM at Bricks & Stones!
This Isn’t Your Typical “Tent” Camping
Luxury camping at Camp Aramoni is an experience of a lifetime that begins by choosing from our 11 safari-style tents. Each tent is named after and surrounded by a native wildflower grown on the property. Our safari-style tents are custom-made by Bushtech Safari from South Africa and are second to none. Depending on the size of your party, we have tents designed for couples on a romantic getaway or families and groups of friends.
It’s always an adventure camping out, but staying in one of our tents will make your trip a breeze. We offer the best amenities that guarantee you’ll have a restful night sleeping on your Avocado Green Mattress.
Each tent has a locking door and canvas walls sealed to the floor to keep out critters. You’ll also find WiFi, heating, air conditioning and plenty of outlets to plug in your phone. But perhaps the very best amenity is each tent has a private restroom with a shower, fresh towels and plush robes. The restroom is fully stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash and hand soap from Essence One. Essence One products are formulated to support and inspire a less-stressed life. Essence One keeps mental health awareness at the forefront of every purchase by partnering with Bring Change to Mind, a national organization that works to end the stigma and discrimination surrounding mental illness by helping students start mental health clubs.
Additional Lux Amenities
- Casual indoor seating area
- Comfortable beds with eco-friendly mattresses and luxury linens
- Personal outdoor campfire with firewood bundles. We deliver gourmet s’mores and light your fire every night!
- Tent netting for pest control
- Cellular device USB charging station & en-suite WiFi
- Personal outdoor deck with casual seating
- Lockable safe
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, makeup wipes and a hair dryer
- Security 24/7 on the campground
- Champagne toast upon check-in (with a special 0% ABV drink available too)
- Chef-crafted meals
- Shuttles around the property in our golf carts
- Private hiking trails
- Complimentary lawn games, board games, a canoe, hammocks and bicycles available at The Barn
Camping Shouldn’t Mean You Have to Eat Camp Food
Our 5-star luxury camping accommodations also come with an entire chef-driven meal program. No tinfoil dinners and canned foods here! Camp Aramoni has a hyper-local food and beverage program on-site, and all meals are included in your stay. Click here to see our menu. We are happy to accommodate dietary restrictions and allergies. Most menu items can easily be customized to fit gluten free, vegan and vegetarian diets. All meals are served on eco-friendly disposable containers.
Dining Locations at Camp Aramoni
There are many unique locations for dining at Camp Aramoni. You’ll find the perfect setting for a delicious meal in our rustic Barn as well as outdoor settings for picnics.
- The Barn – This is the gathering hub of the campground where you will check in and enjoy most of your meals. Indoor and outdoor seating options are available.
- The Burlington – We serve the finest coffee, wine, beer and cocktails that will please any connoisseur’s palate at The Burlington, our converted 1971 Airstream Ambassador. Visit The Burlington for coffee in the morning while you take in the fresh air. Afterwards, gather again in the evening for a delicious cocktail before sunset as you enjoy your lux experience.
- Gertie’s General Store – Gertie’s is located in The Barn and is named after the historic store where men working at the brickyard would enjoy lunch. Our general store is stocked with t-shirts, gifts, sundries, bottled cocktails and grab-n-go choices including everything you need for a picnic by the river.
- En-Suite Dining – If you would like to enjoy a meal in your tent, just let us know and we will bring it to you!
- Picnics by the River – We offer three different picnic packages perfect for enjoying a summer day. We will set up your picnic in a location of your choosing complete with blankets, pillows and a vase of wildflowers from our meadows.
Our Sustainability Commitment
We are committed to our classic standards of culinary excellence while pushing the boundaries of sustainable innovation. Our quest for sustainability is reflected in everything. This ranges from sourcing local ingredients and embracing new technologies to providing educational opportunities for guests and staff alike. We believe dining at Camp Aramoni is more than just eating or drinking. It’s an opportunity to create shared experiences. Our mission is to not only exceed your culinary expectations but to redefine them.
Ready to Try Luxury Camping in 2021?
Pack nothing more than what you need for a stay away from home for a few nights. We provide the rest! Camp Aramoni is now accepting reservations for two-night minimum stays through through October 31, 2021. Guests can make reservations on our website or by calling (815) 224-7333. (Photo credits: Bushtec Safari, Leigh Loftus Photography.)